Baby and Momma update:
Sleep: I have started to have insomnia and a restless leg. Going to sleep is just plain annoying. Thankfully, I eventually get to sleep and my new work hours (12-6pm) allow me to sleep in. So I've still been getting the required 8 hrs (or a little more).
Movement: As you can see from my previous post, baby is very active. I enjoy sitting in my chair and watching my belly move around. Baby's favorite kicking spot is still my right rib.
Food cravings: Avocados. I love avocados. Avocados are on sale at W-mart. I eat at least one a day. I would probably not indulge if they weren't on sale, but they are such a scrumptious food. Yesterday, I had one sliced up on my salad, the day before, I just sliced it up, sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and put a little lime juice on top...and ate it with a fork. YUM!
Labor Signs: Yes and no. I guess I have contractions, but I don't really feel them. Now that I know that I'm having them, every time I get a little "crampy" I feel my belly. It is definitely rock hard, so I guess those are my contractions.
Belly Button in or out? still in : )
What I miss:
- Rolling over in bed without feeling like I am getting crushed
- Not having to worry about keeping my belly covered up because it is so huge that I have almost no shirts that cover it anymore (thanks momma cady for providing me with the last few shirts that fit!)
- Putting on my shoes with ease
- Feeling as though I'm not squishing the baby every time I sit down.
How Baby Is Growing
Baby is now full term. This means that if baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though the due date is still three weeks away.
Baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.


I agree about avocados. They are divine. They can really spice up a boring sandwich. I loved the day we went shopping, lunching, embroidering, and pedicuring. It was a blast, and I'm glad the shirts are working!
ReplyDeleteYeah! HUGE milestone! Glad things are going so well - I knew they would.
ReplyDelete