The most eventful part of the week was getting my weekly delivery of farm-share veggies/fruits. I got three cups of gooseberries.
Baby and Momma update:
Sleep: Still pretty good. I take a little longer than normal going to sleep, but once I get there, I sleep well. I wake about 12:50, 3:50, 6:50 every night, which is weird to me that it is so scheduled, but oh well, I go back to sleep really easily.
Movement: Still an active baby. Lots of kicks in my right ribs and punches in my lower abdomen.
Food cravings: None
Labor Signs: I have some braxton hicks (fake) contractions on and off, but not particularly more than last week. I had a lot of them Monday night, and I was unable to sleep (and hopeful that baby would come), but alas, they went away.
What I miss: I don't remember anymore, I've been preggo for so long...oh wait, having more than 4 shirts that fit.
What I am looking forward to: sleeping on my back (in the few moments that I will get to sleep)
Weird development of the week: my thumbs have always been double jointed (aka, hitchhikers thumb). Just a few days ago...my right thumb no longer will no longer bend back. Explanation anyone???
How baby's growing:
Baby is waiting to greet the world! He(or she ) continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. That's right folks...I now have a mini watermelon!


i can't believe you were up posting at 6:26 this morning - shouldn't you have been sleeping? glad things are still going well. the last week is the hardest when you are ready for the baby to be here. as my mom said, when you are miserable, it's time. isn't that great? she was right. dr. baby knows when he/she is ready and that's how you know. we can't wait!
ReplyDelete