Looks like Gma Suzi is going to win the baby pool for due date.
I had lots of plans for today. Hubby was supposed to work this am, so I was going to cook him Wheatberry pancakes (wheatberries are from my farm share, of course) before work. Then I was going to make a yummy recipe from Martha Stewart Foods (chipotle chicken and rice). I also had bunch of beef to make hamburgers tonight. Well, so much for those plans!
At around 6:05 am, I felt a weird pop and about 2 minutes later...I felt like I was peeing my pants. So I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom...and oh my...my water broke.
Now, I had read about this happening, but since it only happens in about 8-10% of women..I figured that it wouldn't happen to me. As I told my sister, I wasn't cleaning, because I was sure that I would have plenty of time once my contractions started to clean the house, then head to the hospital. Well, once again, my plans were denied. Once the water breaks, off to the hospital it is! So I have been checked (fingertip dilated, darn it), and then I have basically been walking around the hospital and parking lot all morning and afternoon.
Fact: the body continues to make amniotic fluid.
Well, here is it 10 hours later. My contractions basically stopped, so I have been started on pitocin (which I wasn't very excited about). I'm just waiting for my body to realize that it is time to get this baby out!


Not much need to comment here, huh? I know how it all ended yesterday!! We can't wait to meet Benjamin!!
ReplyDeletei'm pretty darn close on the weight and length and i did get the sex right. do i get something for that? plus, i almost had the time right. and, i was the first one to guess. :)
ReplyDelete