Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vacation

Sorry everyone for no new picture, I may get it up Monday. I'm on a mini vacation with my sister and friend... although it is yet to be seen if lafa will show up, her flight was cancelled twice, and now she is in route to another airport where her mom will pick her up and drive her to her final vacation destination. Hopefully it will quit raining by the time she arrives!

Baby news:
Baby is kicking a lot!!! Baby does not like to be confined, so she kicks when I wear a seatbelt and when I cross my arms and rest them on my belly. Baby is also still very active at nighttime, and now when I wake up in the morning.
The OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) wasn't as bad as expected, despite my nightmare of not getting to the Dr.'s office on time. The drink was carbonated, which made it much more palatable, think double concentrated orange soda. Not that I would ever choose to drink it of my own free will, but as bad as expected. It did however make me a little queasy for a few hours, I think that was just the sugar overload.
Since I am now in my "final stretch", I get to visit the doctor every two weeks.

How your baby's growing: (from babycenter.com)

By this week, baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 24 lbs
Maternity clothes? Most Definitely
Stretch marks? None on my belly, and since I had the hip stretchmarks
Sleep: I flip flop all night long, but I give myself 9 hrs to sleep, so I usually am well rested
Movement: lots!
Food cravings: cravings are mostly gone
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I have a pretty deep innie, so I doubt mine will pop
What I miss: bending down with ease
What I am looking forward to: Seeing the kiddo

2 comments:

  1. I had to call the Rx today, regarding the computer mix-up/our bill. Asked to speak to you or Scott. Scott told me about your vacation. He indicated the test was not too bad, which I am glad to see your confirmation. I am pleased to hear things are still going well. Hope I get another chance soon to feel the baby kick. I'm sure it will happen, especially since the activity in increasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you think baby is active now... Things will slow down towards the end as he/she runs out of room to kick. Does make you worry now and again which is why I always had Garth Brooks available on the way home - Carson would go nuts when Garth came on. The glucose test isn't too terrible, but most definitely not a drink of choice. Glad you had a nice mini-vacay. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete