Thursday, April 16, 2009

30 weeks down, 10 to go!

Yippee, I'm 3/4ths the way done with my pregnancy! It has flown by so far, but I hear the last few weeks seem to drag on forever (probably b/c I'll get more miserable as time goes on).
I had an appt today. Dr said the usual: "looks like there's a baby in there"...thanks doc.... the hour of kicking last night really got me convinced it was an kangaroo playing hopscotch, so I'm glad you confirmed the "baby" diagnosis.

Hubby and I did have a wonderful shower at work yesterday. The ladies I work with are so thoughtful! They had lots of monkey themed items, and we were "showered" with wonderful gifts for the baby. I am certainly freaking out less than I was before about not having anything for baby!


How far along? 30 weeks

Maternity clothes? Yes, but I can still fit into my pre-pregnancy scrub pants!
Stretch marks? Still none on the belly.
Sleep: Last night was the worst yet. I tossed and turned all night long.
Movement: Yes, baby kicks so hard I can see my belly shake.
Baby was crazy last night. Seriously. Jump rope with the umbilical cord. I told hubby to sing baby lullabies to calm her down, but he wasn't really into that.

Food cravings: (Other than chocolate, every day) Potato Chips. I did not eat them all in one setting, but I was bad and bought some for myself. I did get the "Natural" lays....only potatoes, salt, and PURE fat!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? IN
What I miss: Sleep. People not commenting on how round I'm getting (thanks zarah). My old clothes
What I am looking forward to: Our childbirth class next week.


Something about pregnancy that I wasn't prepared for: doctors appointments. I knew about the weight gain, mood swings, fatigue, etc, before getting preggo, but I never really considered the amount of time spent at the Dr. office. I am not someone who is sick very often. I remember going to the doctor once because of a throat infection...when I was about 10. Other than that, I've just had some heel pain, hernia/heartburn, and the required yearly gyn exams, certainly no regular appointments. I don't really know how a working woman is supposed to fit all of these exams into her schedule!
From here on out, I get a weekly non stress test (which I assume is because of the single umbilical artery), and every 2 week regular doctor appts (until I'm 36 weeks, then weekly) and in two weeks, I have another ultrasound. So in two weeks, I'll basically be at medical appointments from 8am to noon.


Baby Update (from babycenter.com)

How your baby's growing:

Baby is about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah - you'll be paying the Dr's mortgage payment and car payment at least twice each by the time you are done. You will also wonder why you don't have a designated chair and/or bed at their office. Lots of visits, but it's nice to be reassured that all is okay.
    That was awfully nice of your work - it is fun when you start to get baby things and don't feel so nervous.
    Can't wait to see you and Dr. Baby next weekend!

    ReplyDelete