Sunday, April 12, 2009

Aahh 75 days left!

How can this be going so quickly? While I've been reading like a fiend (too much according to my Dr....but we won't talk about that), I still feel like I have so much to learn before I'm ready for the "Big Day"...not that I'll ever actually be ready. Hubby and I do have a Childbirth class to go to in a few weeks, but I doubt I'll learn all I need to know in 2 hrs. That is one of the downsides to living in rural America...access to healthcare. In the "city" there are a plethora of 4 wk -12 wk childbirth classes of all types as well as breastfeeding classes, which I would go to if I lived there. But alas, "Green Acres" is the place to be....

Pregnancy is still moving on relatively uneventfully. Other than my expanding waistline (and possibly backside), everything seems pretty normal. I don't know what I expected pregnancy to be like, but it sure has been pretty easy so far. Sadly, I had to put one of my favorite pregnancy shirts to rest this week. My belly has the tendency of popping out of it...and since I refused to wear
midriffs pre-pregnancy...I think it is wise to continue my modesty.

Last week, I forgot to brag on my hubby. When I came home from my mini vacation, hubby had vacuumed the entire house, mopped the kitchen floor (which he had never done by himself before), cleaned the bathroom, and the second bedroom (formerly known as my "closet room" on it's transition to nursery) and he assembled our crib that arrived while I was gone! Whew, he was a busy little bee over the weekend. I was quite surprised since I didn't know our crib had arrived. We just need to get a mattress, mattress protector, and sheet, and baby will have a very nice place to sleep!

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: We'll see at Dr appt Thursday...but I'm sure my mom's scrumptious Easter dinner isn't going to help (or my consumption of brownies over the weekend)
Maternity clothes? Yes..and even some of those don't fit
Stretch marks? Still none on the belly.
Sleep: I have been needing to wake up to go to the bathroom more frequently, and turning over is getting more laborious, but still pretty good. We'll see how tonight goes since I accidentally took a 2.5 hrs post-Easter dinner nap.
Movement: In the morning, evening, and after most meals. Baby has been kicking or punching quite low lately, which makes it difficult for others to feel the baby.
Food cravings: None
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in...although last week I felt like the area above my belly button was going to stretch open (I'm assuming this will only get worse)
What I miss: Being 25 lbs lighter, being able to go about my daily business without running my belly into a million things. (ie work counter, car door, kitchen chair, etc...I still forget how big I'm getting)
What I am looking forward to: Pushing baby around on walks.


How baby is growing:

This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash)
and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

2 comments:

  1. It goes really fast, doens't it?!? Don't worry about all that reading - your doctor is right. You are reading too much and you will never know all that you need to know. You just have to pray that God gives you the wisdom and guidance you need. You also have to trust your instinct. The books don't tell you everything you need to know and they tell you thinks you don't need to know. Have faith in yourself and keep my phone number handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe you are getting so close! The thing about the books and reading...it seemed to me my children didn't behave like the books said. I couldn't use much of the information/advice I had read about. God gives you a mothering instinct which will cover most everything. If it doesn't, you have Scott, your mom, me, Danie, and a host of others to call on for advice. It is like your pregnancy. You have mentioned often you haven't had/done a lot of things they said. You will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete