
I got call Monday morning letting me know that when I went for my oral glucose tolerance test (for gestational diabetes), I should have also had a CBC and blood type drawn. Oops! The doctor's office did not get the orders. So I made an appt for today to get those blood tests drawn. Oh well, I have super veins, and at least I didn't have to do the OGTT again. Well...on Tuesday, I get a call from my OBs office saying that my OGTT results came back, and there must have been a lab error. My glucose level was 12 (normal 70-120). Most people die if theirs goes below 30-40. Since I'm not dead...I have redo that test as well. Oh well, anything for baby. (I told the nurse...."Well, at least I don't have gestational diabetes" but she didn't buy it)
So I got to drink the stuff again this morning, and get three vials of blood drawn 1 hour later. I am really hoping my numbers come back good so I don't have to do this a third time.


Well, isn't that the pits? At least you know the sugary stuff isn't super awful. You were a good student, Mary. Pass this test with flying colorsd!
ReplyDeleteI found some wonderful monkey print fabrics for a quilt. Can't wait to share it with you!
They knew you liked the orange drink so much the first time they wanted you to have more. :) It could always be worse...
ReplyDeleteSounds like your baby will get a quilt before mine!
Hey, I only said I bought the fabric. I didn't say whose would get made first. Carson's should be first, and that is my plan!
ReplyDelete