Thursday, May 28, 2009

AW: 3 years!

Today is our 3 year anniversary. It both seems a really long time ago that I spent all waking hours planning the wedding, and not so long ago that we moved to C-ville and settled in. So let's take a walk down memory lane. Here is what I can remember has happened since we've been married...
  • Hubby learned to run a pharmacy...actually two pharmacies at once, one hospital, one retail
  • I finished rotations, actually got to live with hubby, graduated...and learned to run another pharmacy.
  • took a vacation to Orlando, where we had a fantastic time duking it out on the mini-golf courses
  • we had 1 year of wonderful tomato growning (and one year of not-so-wonderful tomatoes)
  • vacation to Vegas, great sights, lots of walking, and unfortunately, left with less money than we went with
  • Learned that I was perfectly fine with hubby watching golf of tv...the soft voice of commentator puts me right to sleep! (sorry hubby's family, but it's true)
  • Lots of flooding caused hubby to take a 40 minute detour to work many days throughout summer.
  • Got another pharmacist and moved hubby to work at my pharmacy (working together is much better than it was at the beginning, but still a work in progress)
  • Found out we were preggo!
  • vacation to Mexico when we were 6 wks pregnant. Found out how hard it is to not actually drink the water, eat uncooked food, and not have a single margarita ..thank goodness for chips and salsa!
  • ate deer and rabbit for the first time. deer....not too bad when disguised, but I don't recommend cooking it when in the 1st trimester of pregnancy, that = nauseousness. rabbit, gag.
  • Hubby became a "hunter". He has now killed 2 deer, a few rabbit, at least one opossum...but no turkey.
  • Discovered that I'm a pretty good fisherwoman...but still refuse to take the fish off the hook.

hmm, i'll work on more later, now, off to work!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! I can't believe I started to share Scott 3 years ago... time sure flies.... lots of changes... many more to come! Very exciting! Happy Anniversary!! P.S. Don't celebrate too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on year 3. Bet your mom hasn't forgotten storing all the flowers at HyVee!! Seems as though ya'll have found a good balance between work and enjoying life. BTW, the commentators put Bill to sleep, too. He always wants them to go into extra holes, since he slept through part of the other!

    ReplyDelete