Thursday, May 21, 2009

35 weeks

Sorry I haven't taken a picture for a while...I've arrived at the point where I don't particularly feel photogenic, I just feel enormous.
Yesterday was a busy day for me. I had the day off (since I work this weekend), so I headed to "the city" to get all the last minute stuff (which also included getting a headlight changed in my car, and meeting with a friend for lunch). I purchased our infant carseat (thanks moms for the other car seat, it will be used once baby is too large to lug around in the infant carrier), changing pad/cover, nursing stool, and other little things. Good news: we have a carseat that fits into my little car! Yes, I probably need a bigger car, but it probably isn't going to happen in the next 5 weeks.
Why is the picture taken in front of a large hole in the ground you may ask...Because the dirt is our future basement! We have broken ground!

Baby and Momma update:

Stretch marks? same as before...none on belly.

Sleep: Pretty good considering the large melon on my belly. Turning over is getting more difficult, but as long as I can sleep in, I feel pretty rested throughout the day.

Movement: Hubby can attest to the fact that we have a nighttime baby! Once I lay down, baby goes crazy. Baby is getting more active as the pregnancy progresses.

Food cravings: None right now....however I have unfortunately discovered the wonderfulness that is Archer Farms (Target Brand) flavored potato chips....mmmmm Hot & Spicy! **I will not eat these once I have this baby....I keep telling myself**

Labor Signs: Mild crampiness and back ache every once in a while. I don't think that I've had true Braxton-Hicks (fake) contractions because I haven't had tightening of my belly.

Belly Button in or out? In. although I did have a dream that it popped out at the last minute..but I don't actually think it will happen.

What I miss: shopping at regular stores for clothes (vain, I know). I returned a dress at a "regular store" for my mom yesterday and the lady kept asking me if I wanted to exchange it for something else. I gave her a crazy look like "Really, you think any of these clothes would fit over my huge bump...I don't think so!" but clearly she was either trying to really flatter me, or she had a slight vision problem.

What I am looking forward to: Seeing my baby!

How baby's growing:

Baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon).Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I know you feel huge, but you don't look it - it's all belly. Yeah for finally breaking ground. Too exciting!! Dr. Baby will actually have a house someday!! That's a great carseat - you will really like it. It is always good to have a bigger car since you will feel like you are moving any time you go somewhere, especially overnight, but gas mileage is better on your car than my big old SUV. I can't believe Dr. Baby is almost here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posting, Mary. Ground breaking makes your home more of a reality. And your "ground breaking" is coming up fast. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Cady. I like the looks of your new carseat. Glad to know it will fit in your car-an absolute must. I will remind them at work we are coming up on Baby Watch---and I WILL call in when we make the trip to Chilli.

    ReplyDelete