Friday, May 8, 2009

T minus 7 weeks

What's new with us?
I started working reduced hours...and it's wonderful! 2-3 days a week, I only work 12-6pm (full-time the other days). I find the reduced hours helpful just so I can get all my appts in and not feel guilty for not being at work! However, it is hard to "manage" the store and not be there all the time.
Hubby went to the "city" and picked up our mattress yesterday, on his day off. Amazingly it fit into my little car perfectly. It looks great in the crib...now I just have to wash some sheets.


How far along? 33 weeks
Stretch marks? Still none on belly, but I can't imagine it can stretch much further without at least a few popping up!
Sleep: Once I find a position that is comfortable, and baby calms down, I sleep pretty well.
Movement: Baby still loves his orange juice! It makes him crazy. He also kicks a lot when I sit or lay down to rest.
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In. Still at least a 1/2-1/4 inch to go until it would be flat, I think I'm safe
What I miss: Sleeping on my back. Supposedly if I do this, the baby will squish the large arteries and veins that supply my lower half with blood...and that can be bad. (Hence why my BP plummeted to 70/40 when they made me lay on my back at 1st non-stress test).
What I am looking forward to: 7 more weeks of sleep....I'm starting to dread how sleep deprived I'm going to be for the next few years.

How your baby's growing:

This week baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

3 comments:

  1. Very exciting times, MFC. I was once told when I said I was ready for the baby to come, "just remember.. the baby is a lot easier to manage when it's inside you than after it's born". Very true but it's sure a lot more fun and you & SAC are going to be great parents.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Mom L!! You may still sail thru with no stretch marks - I was sure I would get them and didn't. Be positive! Sleep does get better at times after Baby is born since you get to sleep in any position you want! However, wearing a bra to bed got old sometimes, and Cj would laugh when he'd wake up to me "hanging out" with Carson asleep in my arms. It just happens. The worst is waking up and wondering where the baby is because youi don't remember putting him back in bed! Glad things are going well and try to enjoy it - you are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now you know EXACTLY where Baby is, and it stays where you are. I used to lay down every time Scott or Danie did for a while. I needed those naps, too! Hard to believe the little miracle is almost here. Ya'll will do great, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete