I had two days off in a row this week.
Yesterday = fussy baby all day, and almost no napping.
Today= ultra sleepy baby...I actually considered waking him up at one point b/c he hadn't eaten in 3.5 hrs....and he only normally goes for 2 hrs. My mom convinced me to let the sleeping baby be. I'm just hoping he can sleep that long tonight.
Everyone asks me how he is sleeping...as if sleeping through the night is the ultimate goal in the baby's life.
The answer: Benjamin wakes up every 2-4 hours. I'm happy that I can provide the nourishment and/or comfort he needs not only during the day, but also at night. He will sleep longer when he is ready. (He did go 6 hrs between feedings one time.)
Occasionally, if he pees on himself during a diaper change, and we have to change his outfit, he will be awakened enough to think that it is play time. (not fun for either hubby or I. I've resorted to laying him on his play mat and getting a pillow and blanket and laying down beside it. I occasionally have to sing a song or talk to him to keep him happy...but he usually tires out after 45 min to 1 hr). If he has no such incident, we will wake, I'll feed him, and he will go right back to sleep...so as long as I do this in a half-awake state, it isn't too bad.
The only bad thing lately is that my carpal tunnel has come back full force. I often wake up with completely numb hands, which is very painful, and often presents a challenge when needing to pick up Benjamin, or change a diaper. Thankfully I have a wonderful hubby around to help out in the areas he can, but it is still very painful when I'm feeding him. Hopefully the more I wear my braces while sleeping, the better they will get. I just don't get an extended period of sleep to let my wrists heal.
As always, here are some cute pix of Benjamin:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What can I say? He is the cutest baby in the world!! OK - let's say he and Carson are the 2 cutest babies in the world. Don't worry about the nighttime feedings. Before you know it he will be heading off to kindergarten!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lou, for including Carson in the cutest babies category. I think the goal for all-night sleep is for the moms & dads. It will happen when it is supposed to. Love the pix, keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteVery cute photos! I think when people ask about sleep, they are more worried about Mom and Dad than baby. I can't wait to play with him again!
ReplyDelete