Unbelievable...Benjamin is now 7 weeks old. He has certainly come a long way from his first three weeks! While I loved Benjamin during that time, he cried a lot, and I was amazed how people handled babies without either a wonderful husband (yes, I have one of those), or a wonderful mother (check, I'm certainly blessed). It is so much fun to be able to lay(or is it lie, I always forget?) Benjamin down on a blanket and have him kick around, make funny sounds, and be very content. It certainly makes getting ready in the morning easier!
Oh, I forgot to tell you...Benjamin said his first word:) When he cries he says "Mom"..if you don't believe me, just come around meal time. (I have witnesses) So now I can work with Benjamin on saying "Da-da".
At his final check-up with Dr.Dickinson today, he weighed 10lbs 8 oz (with clothes and diaper on....so probably more around 10lbs 2 oz). No wonder he is getting heavier to carry around!
Messages from Benjamin:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a great update! I knew that boy was smart. We need desparately need to get to Chilli to see all of you and the house, too. Can't believe how much he has changed. So happy for everybody the crying seems to be more under control. And I smiled back, Benjamin. Love you loads, Grammy (& Grampy)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you need to get rid of that mean, ugly Tiger!! :) Glad to see the boy in the right outfit - I knew he was a smart kid and would come to the good side. He is quite a doll and I can't wait to play with him again. I'm hoping he and Carson would do a little better this time. I'm just amazed at all he can do!!
ReplyDeleteGuess we need to get Benjamin some Cornhusker clothes, too. If the JayHawk can't save him from the Tiger, maybe the Big Red will.
ReplyDeleteI can attest to Benjamin saying Mom when he cries!
ReplyDelete