Monday, May 3, 2010

10 months and counting

Sorry for the hiatus. We've moved into our new house, and along with that, have been living without the world wide web for quite a few days.
As with all babies, Benjamin is ever changing....
  • He now has two upper and two lower teeth.
  • His took two steps on Saturday
  • He is babbling a lot more, and also likes to growl
  • He has learned to "pant" like a dog whenever he sees a puppy dog
  • He loves putting things in his mouth, especially dirt and twigs
  • He can now crawl up and down an entire flight of stairs by himself (although I'm always close by)
  • He loves balls, probably because of their usefulness as combo chew toy/something to kick
Benjamin recently had a well- baby check up.
As expected...he is a scrawny thing. 17 lb 13 oz (5th percentile)
and about 40th % in height. Doc Paul said that the leveling off of weight was normal in breastfed babies, and that as long as he continues to eat well, I shouldn't be concerned.
I think that if my son weren't such a wonderful ball of energy that maybe he could gain some weight. If I moved like he did everyday, I would look like a model!

The camera was packed away with everything else in the move, so here are some pictures supplied by Gma Cow.



4 comments:

  1. I love this kid. It is preposterous that I don't get to see him. I just want to pick him up and love on him. And, he just looks cool. Also, I want to see pics of the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love this kid too.......I am a little concerned he is going to be 16 before I can make it back to play with him.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting news!! I can't wait to see him and play with him on Sunday -- I know Carson is super excited! I am anxious to see the new house, too - finished this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had such a good time in Chilli last Saturday. Helped Mary & Scott empty bunches of boxes, get some rooms semi-organized, and of course, play with Benjamin. He is such a delight, we are anxiously awaiting spending more time with him this weekend. Your home is beautiful, and I imagine you are anxious for all the backorders to come in!!

    ReplyDelete