I reached my 1st goal of exclusively breastfeeding for 6 months.
No formula, no cereal or other solids, no nothing but my milk for Benjamin. Many people think this is crazy (and sadly, less that 15% of mothers do this), but it is supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the World Health Organization, etc etc. Exclusively breastfeeding until 6 months (hence delaying solids) decreases development of food allergies, decreases risk of obesity, blah blah blah. It was very important to me to make it this far, and I'm so glad I did. It really helped to have a supportive family, and wonderful hubby who made sure I kept hydrated, and a wonderful mom, who stuffed me full of "lactation" cookies (they have brewers yeast ...they are not made with breastmilk!) when I was paranoid that my supply was low. And thankfully I have a flexible job so I can take my pump breaks without too much hassle.
Anyways, that leads us to where we are now....we started cereal!
Benjamin wasn't too excited the first few times he tried, but lately, he has been finishing his bowl and laughing and smiling the whole time. It is messy, but really fun to see him enjoy it.
Benjamin has also been having lots of fun during bathtime with Hubby.
MMMM duck.


I am never going to live up to super-mama Mary. Geez... maternal guilt already.
ReplyDeleteYeppers, breastfeeding is great for the kiddo and a wonderful bond for mommma and baby. So glad you could do it this long and can keep doing it. Wouldn't have traded that for anything! I know Ben is thanking your for that.
ReplyDeleteIt was a wonderful experience for me, too. Glad you made your goal. Everyone seems happy!! You have our support.
ReplyDelete