Sorry for the hiatus. Husband and I spent last weekend away from home. Friday night, we ate a scrumptious meal at The Copa Room, a "Rat Pack" themed restaurant the hubby had been to before, but I had not. Besides the wonderful salad, I had the "Frankie, Dean, and Sammy" which consisted of lasagna, chicken spedini, and alfredo pasta. Hubby had some yummy ravioli with italian sausage. Delicious!
Saturday morning, hubby's sister and her family had us over from pancakes. After lounging around, Hubby's sister, little nephew, and I headed off to Babies R Us, while hubby, brother-in-law, and nephew went to Bass Pro. Thankfully I had Hubby's sister along. I would never have figured out how to unhook the infant carseat from it's base, or how to fold the stroller. The men showed up, we did some more looking, ate lunch at mi restaurante favorita (Chipotle), and then parted ways to do some house stuff. We visited Straw, Sticks, and Bricks, which is a green building materials store. We were very happy to find some possible flooring that is made from trees that have fallen due to ice storms in Missouri! Much more eco-friendly than flooring from China. We then headed to another Bass Pro, hubby got his beloved shotgun, and I got some of the most heavenly cookies on Earth (Tim-Tams) from World Market. We ate another meal with Hubby's family and then crashed.
Sunday, we went to church Heartland Community Church (south campus), and then met up with Hubby's long-time friend from HS and former housemate. We finally headed home in the afternoon.
On to baby news...
Baby has been kicking a lot lately. It tends to be when I lay down to sleep, a time or two in the middle of the night, and early in the morning (baby doesn't know that I don't like to be awakened.... I would gladly discipline baby if I knew an effective method of intrauterine disciplining). Baby kicks a few times during the day, but it isn't steady yet (I hear this starts in 2-3 weeks). I had another appt on Wednesday. Dr says that baby's HB is good, my BP is good (100/62) and my weight is good (all baby weight, wink-wink). Next appt brings the dreaded gestational diabetes screening. Blah. I get to drink a bunch of super sugary orange liquid, wait around for an hour, then get my blood sugar tested.
From babycenter.com and thebump.com
How your baby's growing-Week 25
(I'm in my 6th month of pregnancy)
Head to heels, baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Baby's weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an eggplant, but baby's beginning to exchange the long, lean look for some baby fat. Baby's wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. Baby's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.Oh, and one disappointment of the week: I had Tuesday off (not my complaint). I was going to register at Walmart, since it is really the only place in town to get baby items. I stopped by the customer service dept and they directed me to the jewelry counter, but stated they weren't sure if the registry was up and running. I get to the jewelry counter and the registry machine has a sign on it...Walmart won't be doing anymore in-store registries. Boo. One can only register on-line, and registry items can only be purchased on-line. Worthless in my opinion, especially for small-town America. (That's all).


Wow... Walmart is pretty sad, I must say. The point of a registry is to shop in the store, not just online. I.e. the stroller and carseat - you can't test that stuff out over the internet!
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time with y'all - we were so glad to see the Dr Baby bump! We can't wait to see you again and watch the baby grow.
The Copa Room sounds delicious. I think I would want to have what you picked. Yummy! Sounds like a full, fun weekend. Ya'll seemed to get alot accomplished.
ReplyDeleteThe WalMart registery is ridiculous!! I agree about the small-town America thing. If you buy on-line, don't like it, etc., will they let you return it at the store? Or will you have to send it back? CRAZY!!
I am getting VERY anxious to see and feel this cute Dr. Baby bump!!