Thursday, March 26, 2009

Third Trimester!!!

I'm 2/3 the way there.  Nothing much has been happening with Baby Cady this week. Lots of "dancing" after I eat and at nighttime. Baby is still feet down, but thankfully, there is still 3 months for baby to flip over.  
What I'm not looking forward to this next week...Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. Blah. I get to do this Wednesday.  It entails me chugging a bottle of orange sugar water, which I've heard being compared to double concentrated orange soda with no fizz, in 5 minutes.  Then I wait around for an hour (feeling nauseous from this super sugary gunk in my belly) then get blood drawn. Anyone want to join me?


I have been wavering on which stroller to get Baby Cady ( I guess life is good if this is all I have to stress about, huh?).  I thought I was sold on the Chicco Cortina.  However, knowing myself and Baby Cady's g-ma cow, I decided the wheels would not be sturdy enough for vigorous walks in the park, so Hubby and I decided on a jogging stroller that has an infant carseat attachment.  This stroller holds up to 70 lbs, so we are hoping that this will be the one and only stroller we'll need.  I found out that it is on sale at 2 different stores this weekend!!! I am planning on taking a quick trip after work on Saturday to get the stroller, but it seems that weather may stop me from my plans. Are we really going to get snow in march??...I hope not!

What's up with Baby:
  • Baby is almost 2 lbs
  • Sleeping and waking at regular intervals
  • Opening and closing eyes
  • Lungs are still immature, but capable of functioning with lots of medical help, if baby were born now
  • Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower



5 comments:

  1. is that a bob stroller? andy & kim have one and they love it. they got it when their little one was born & still use it...he's like 20 months now. it's a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both the jogging stroller and the other stroller. As long as the jogging stroller has the car seat attachment, I would go for it! The other isn't as easy for walks, but I used to run with it, so it's really not that bad. Carson had to be 6 months and able to hold his head up for my jogging stroller. It made it perfect for my first Mommy's Day gift. We took it out that day!! Try to be super careful if you go out in the blizzard to get the stroller. Just make sure to adjust your registry to just the car seat and 2 bases, not the stoller/car seat combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well,i'm afraid that the stroller trip will be postponed due to inclimate weather. boohoo. oh well, I have 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the stroller with the car seat attachment is really cool. We do know Lou loves to walk, so it should be great all the way around. Glad you decided to postpone your shopping trip for tomorrow. This is my weekend to work, and I'm sure not looking forward to going. If it is bad, Bill will drive me both ways....if it is too bad, I may stay at home. Safety first!!

    ReplyDelete