Friday, March 20, 2009

26 weeks


Yeah, I've made it another week (and if you notice the ticker to the right, less than 100 days to go). In 6 days, I'll be in my 3rd trimester! This week has been fantastic except for Monday (I had my super bad abdominal pains in the am, but they went away). Hubby and I are headed off to the "city" this weekend again for a church youth leadership event on Saturday, and to see his family the rest of the time.
On baby news: lots of kicking at bedtime, during the night, and in the morning, along with the occasional punch throughout the day. This week the new kicking time has been around 5am. Not fun for me, since I have been needing a lot of sleep lately. Pregnancy also brings about an increase in fluid volume (blood, etc) so baby has enough, which means my genetically-deficient veins have been working overtime. Thank goodness for support hose. I would have to find a new job if it weren't for these marvelous things. If you stand on your feet all day at your job, and don't have a pair of these, I highly recommend it!

How baby's growing:

The network of nerves in baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear people's voices as we chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute picture! It was fun to see you this weekend again. I am loving the frequent visits!! "Hotel Rardin" is always open. :)

    ReplyDelete