Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh, the nursery! ::Panic::





Well, as you can see, the room that will eventually be the nursery is currently not very babyish, It is, however, further along than it was 3 weeks ago. The queen-sized bed has been destructed, and is sitting against one wall. Unfortunately, the bed is serving the same purpose it did when it was put together: holding my clothes (to my credit, my hubby put those clothes there...but I have been know to exhibit the same behavior).

Anyway, last week, one of my friends asked me what the "theme" is for the nursery. I responded with a blank stare..."Ugh, I don't know". I have been putting off any decisions for a few reasons: we are hopefully going to be breaking ground on our house in March, so hubby and I have been spending our time doing house things, we don't know sex of baby, which makes anything decorative a little more challenging, and I am overwhelmed by the immense amount of decisions to make (baby and house) that I have chosen to make no decisions. While eventually this last decision will come back to haunt me, it is working for me now.
Part of me is fine with not having any of this figured out because the baby will sleep in our room (in a bassinet) for a while and we aren't purchasing a crib or any matching furniture until baby needs it, so the nursery will be nothing more that a space holder for all baby stuff. Despite all that good reasoning, the other side of my brain started to panic a bit. I think I may at least buy some fabric to make new curtains for the nursery. Below are some of my (current) choices, please let me know what you think:

A: Elephants
B. Dick and Jane retro fabric
C. Forest Animals
D. Jungle Animals
E. Woodland animals
Maybe I'll do these polls and you all can help me decide everything!
Have a wonderful week. Hopefully Baby Cady will not be so cantankerous this week.

2 comments:

  1. I love the elephants and the jungle animals. Since I do love elephants, that was an easy one. And Carson's room was a jungle theme... That was quick! Believe me, I can't make a decision if my life depended on it - just ask Cj. Good to know you are starting to think about. No need to stress, since Dr. Baby will be in your room for a while. I go suggest making room for the MOUNDS of things you will need/get for Dr. Baby. I hope to hear the good news of breaking ground. That will be so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the elephants, too. I DID make my choice before I read Danie's comment. I like the bright colors, and there isn't too much activity in the print. It will will make lots of other colors available to accessorize or put pictures on the walls.

    ReplyDelete