Sunday, February 8, 2009

Halfway there!

I'm 20 weeks, 2 days today...which means I'm halfway there. The funny thing is that most people think pregnancy is 9 months, which would be 36 weeks....unfortunately I learned the evil trick once I became pregnant...I actually have to be pregnant for 10 months!

Anyways, sorry for taking so long to post. My hubby was gone Wednesday-Sunday, which means that I kept myself very busy. I have perfected my skills sewing a little girls dress! (Don't get your hopes up) We had our "big" ultrasound last Thursday, and we did not find out the sex (but i'm going to refer to baby as "he" to make it easier). We did see, however, that Baby Cady is quite an active little thing! Baby was moving around so much it too the ultrasound tech a while to get all the pictures he needed.... which meant we got to see baby just a little longer! Baby was sucking his thumb when we first saw him. Then he did a few flips and we got to see his toes. It does look like baby got my feet gene...super long toes, and the 2nd toe is longer than the 1st.
If I ever figure out how to make my printer/scanner/copier scan things, I'll put up the ultrasound pictures.

Baby Update: (from babycenter.com and bump.com)

Baby Cady weighs about 10.5 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. Which makes Baby Cady the size of a cantaloupe!

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion.


The Grammy's are on tonight. A rapper (M.I.A.) performed...and she is due today! I think I won't be doing that when the time comes...nor will I be wearing the see-through shirt with polka dots only covering my belly and boobs!

I'm going to be adding this to each post from now on.
How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed in a while, but I'll check at the dr's tomorrow
Maternity clothes? Yes. I only have one pair of "fat pants" that fit, and most of my shirts aren't long enough to cover the elastic on the maternity pants.
Stretch marks? Well...no pregnancy induced stretchmarks.
Sleep: So-so. I got over the first trimester "pee 5 times a night" phase, but I am now quite uncomfortable when I sleep. So I flip back and forth from my right to left sides each time my arm falls asleep, which is quite often.
Best moment this week: Baby gave me a big kick at work today when I was talking to my hubby, that was kinda fun.
Movement: I just feel little pokes, mostly in the evenings.
Food cravings: The stuff I'm not supposed to eat: Sonic burgers, tater tots, cheese bites, chinese, fried pickles, etc
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
What I miss: My old body, and the occasional margarita with my chips and salsa
What I am looking forward to: Being able to feel baby more

3 comments:

  1. If you want, I could try my hand at making you a new preggo shirt to match MIA!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on, Mary! Don't be modest. You are welcome to walk down Michigan Ave in Chicago with a sportsbra and shorts if you want - Cj actually saw that one. Glad to know Dr. Baby has some of his/her mommy's genes. It's exciting to hear that things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A body is a beautiful thing, particularly a pregnant one. HOWEVER, I agree, it isn't necessary to show all of your "assets." Picture is great--I went back and looked at the other one with this sweater--quite a change. Know you are glad to have Scott home.
    We visited Mimi/Pappaw this weekend. I showed her your blogspot. Carol will have to get her there, but she enjoyed reading and looking at pictures.

    ReplyDelete