Sunday, January 18, 2009
To peek or not to peek... that is the question!
Well, as most of you know. I am still struggling with the decision of whether or not to find out the sex of the child. Everyone has their own opinion, mostly based off of what they have done with their own pregnancies. Either a woman "had to know" and couldn't fathom not knowing, or she "wanted to wait for one of the only surprises left in this world". When I can across this article I really had to chuckle. It is about a mother who "peeked" at each of her children's ultrasounds. She compares it to peeking at her Christmas presents before X-mas when she was 10 years old. As my immediate family knows, I'm infamous for "needing" to open one present on Christmas eve (which, I believe is a trait I inherited from my father, who went to far as to do what the author in the article did, slit open his presents, check out what's inside, then retape them)...so... if I follow my Christmas tradition...I'll have to peek the day before my delivery! I'm not good with surprises, inotherwords, I'm still undecided : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It's each woman's choice as to what to do. All of my friends (except one) found out, and I have always wanted to wait. I am a HUGE planner, so this decision surprised everyone and disappointed my husband who peeked at the ultrasounds. Luckily enough, Carson (or baby at the time) never turned where you would be able to tell. It is one of the last surprises left, and it is so much fun waiting in anticipation and a big motivation to push and get the kid out! Just do what is right for you and Scott - don't worry about everyone else. Remember this - once you know (if you choose to find out), you can't "unknow."
ReplyDelete