Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ella Claire Cady

Baby #2 has arrived!
Ella Claire Cady was born on July 16th, 2011 at 11:10am.
She weighed in at 8 lb 14.75oz and was 20.5 inches long.

She sleeps most of the day and night, I think I saw more of Benjamin's wide awake eyes in the first two days of his life than I have of her first 10 days.
She is only really upset when she wants to eat, or she needs to burp. Other than that, it is like having a little mouse around the house. She loves being held at all times during the day, but will go to sleep in her bassinet at night without much trouble. Hubby and I are certainly blessed.


Big Brother Benjamin is doing exceptionally well with having a new little person in the house. Knock on wood...he seems to have just accepted the fact that she is the new baby in the family and she is here to stay. He loves to talk about Baby Ella and wonders where she is if we aren't holding her. The only thing I get worried about is when he starts talking about her "swinging high" in her swing...but he has yet to give her a big push (sure that will come one of these days).

At her first pediatrician appt, she weighed in at 9lbs 2oz...95-98%. Benjamin has never been bigger than the 25%...has since around 9 mo has been closer to the 10th %, so having a big baby is a new thing for me. She certainly grows out of her cloth diapers and clothes at a faster rate than Benjamin!

Back to the laundry for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment