Benjamin's vocabulary expands daily. A list of some of his new words: Geese, birds, Big Bird, balloons, knees, eyes, ears, stairs, down, blueberries, cheese, boots, "Pop" (as in the action of popping a bubble) and bounce.
Benjamin also loves books. I found some sesame street books at Target for $1, which he is a big fan of, along with a book with kitchen items in it, Fool Moon Rising, Llama Llama Red Pajama, You Can Do It, Sam, Bats at the Beach (when not too tired), a Big Picture book, I am a Bunny, Ricard Scarry's Goldbug book (something about cars and trucks), Dr Seuss's Hands, Fingers, Thumb, etc When he sees a book he really want to read he starts jabbering incessantly and runs and grabs the book and either sits down right by you, or nods his head at you until you sit down. I'm more than happy to oblige an eager reader.
He loves running, fast. around rooms, down the hall, across the yard, etc. And stairs, oh how he loves stairs. Benjamin can now walk up and down the stairs without assistance....and if I try to help, he says "Move".
He also loves all things construction. Everything is either "Daddy's" or "Donnie's" (the contractor who built our house)...unfortunately, the words are so similar I can't really tell who he is talking about. Hubby has been working hard in the basement to get up another set of basement shelves done as well as a "little helper tower" (see later pictures) for Benjamin, so B has been able to watch lots of drilling, hammering, etc. He is quite good with the level and measuring tape and has learned some great "man" behavior...bending down, looking at something closely and saying "Hmm".
Last but not least, he loves helping. He knows where his silverware, plates and cups belong, so he will put things away for me. He also can grab items for me: apron, cookie sheet, cutting board. He likes to help clean, so I can spray a dirty spot on the floor and he will wipe it up (he is not a fan of messes), and he likes to practice sweeping. B also loves cooking with Grandma Mooherd and me. My mom swears that he convinces her to find a way to use her mixer most days of the week. He can turn it on, and loves measuring, pouring, rolling and mixing things.
And now for pictures:
Benjamin "cutting" on his play fruit and veggies
He's been caught digging into the cereal box.
Oat bran flakes, yum
Oat bran flakes, yum
My snow bunny
The Cady house covered with snow
Enjoying the sun
And yes, I lost his mittens so he got a pair from my mom circa 1975
And yes, I lost his mittens so he got a pair from my mom circa 1975
Front door snow drift
Chef Benjamin


Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYes, i love the photos!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete