For starters, Benjamin is now a certified STTNer ....that is "sleep through the night"er! Yippee. I would like to thank Dr. Ferber. I can't say that we followed it to a "T", but I did read the whole book before starting (a must) , and them implemented changes slowly. Benjamin goes to sleep at 8pm with 5 mins or less of crying most nights (tonight is not one of those nights, but alas), and sleeps until 5:30ish. He then eats and gets up at 7-7:30am. He has been getting two more teeth, one on top and one of bottom, so he has awakened at 2ish a few nights. We just give him some acetaminophen (Tylenol, folks) and he goes back to sleep.
As noted above, he has two more teeth, which brings the total up to 8. Thank goodness he loves to brush his teeth!
He finally had his 1 year check-up last week. Benjamin weighs in at a whopping 19lb 11 oz (5%), and is 29 and 1/4 inches tall (25%). While B is a little shrimp, the doctor assured me that he wrote "good growth" in his chart. I hear that hubby was a rather skinny baby. This visit was the first visit I had driven Benjamin to KC by myself. B was an excellent traveler, and even put up with me doing a little shopping at the Legends. I learned to keep a large stash of toys in the front seat to throw back at him to keep him entertained, and to also have lots of little containers of graham crackers for him to munch on.
Benjamin got a bag of clothes from his older cousin Carson, who is potty training, so he can't use his onesie anymore. At the bottom of the bag, some adorable frog galoshes that Carson had outgrown. They are Benjamin's size, so I put them on Benjamin. Let just say...he loves them!
Benjamin had a play-date with a little girl who is 2 months older. They don't quite get the "playing together" thing.
Benjamin and Grandpa
Benjamin riding an elephant at the Omaha Zoo


Love the frog boots! Carson was sad when they wouldn't fit anymore - we sure tried! Scott managed to get a great shot at the zoo. So cute!
ReplyDelete