Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Here in C-ville we are experiencing a winter wonderland! Unfortunately, even though school is closed, Benjamin still gets up early and I still had to go to work. Ah, to be a school kid again!
I have been avoiding going outside with Lil B at all costs. Getting around in the winter with a 5.5 month old is a hassle! He is out of his infant carrier b/c he hated siting in it, and he was too heavy to lug around anyways! So, we carry him in and out of car, but also must appropriately dress him for the cold, but not have a heavy coat on him while in the carseat. Oh my, the dilemmas! And, gasp, I don't even have a pair of mittens for the poor boy! Benjamin has graciously been knitted or crocheted a bazillion hats, and no mittens....but all the mittens at the store come with a hat. I am just going to suck it up and buy a hat-mitten combo I guess. Thankfully I have a garage I can park in, or this would be way more troublesome.
Anyways, the snow is beautiful. On Wednesday Benjamin and I watched kids and their parents sled down the middle of the street (a busy street might I add)......and I taught Benjamin a lesson. Never do that. When we move, I will also have to teach him the "do not sled into the lake" lesson.

Gma Cow continues to enjoy singing, playing, reading books etc to Benjamin on the days I work. She has learned that he goes down pretty easy for a nap if she bounces on the edge of the bed with him in her arms. She recently got a beautiful glider, and discovered that he can be rocked to sleep, but it takes a lot longer.

Benjamin is growing up fast. He loves to "walk" around our duplex in the morning. He also loves sitting up and playing with his toys. He is happy to be on the go, and seems to get tired of one position pretty easily. He can now do a 180 degree turn in his crib in a matter of minutes, which is quite comical to me.

Benjamin is now very used to his bedtime routine, which, most nights is a wonderful thing. After his bathtime (6:30-7), one of us reads him a book, he nurses, and either falls asleep nursing, or shortly thereafter. He is almost always in bed by 7:40. and it is way way way easier than it used to be. Downside, if we have something to do between 6:30-7pm we either can't go, or are stuck with a fussy/about to meltdown baby. I'm going out to eat at 5:45 tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday....hope it goes well : )

Today I had a "photo shoot" with Benjamin. Here are a few that didn't make the cut for the Christmas card (which I still have to order!)

2 comments:

  1. You would think that your master knitter sis would whip up a little set of mittens for the poor boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big! I can't believe you don't have any mittens! Getting in and out of the car in the winter is a pain - I understand. Love the pic of Gma Cow and Ben - precious.

    ReplyDelete