Saturday, November 7, 2009

Since I've been begged

I guess I will post some more pictures. Lafa and Square are correct, Benjamin does change so rapidly. He is a very happy baby and laughs when we tickle under his chin or on his tummy. He has started jabbering really loudly, especially when he is very tired. He had about 1-2 weeks of being really easy to get down for a nap, now it is a major struggle. I think he has way too much fun when he is awake, and just doesn't want to miss a thing.
On Tuesday, I went to the monthly Breastfeeding Support meeting at the Health Center. I really enjoy talking to other moms who have been bfing longer than me, and others who are pregnant and have yet to start. I also like that we get to weigh our babies at the meeting. With clothles on, Benjamin weighed in at 14 lb 4 oz....and I know that his clothes don't weigh a pound, so he certainly put on some weight from his Dr. Appt the week earlier (13 lb 5 oz naked).


"Reading" his new book (Circus McGircus, thanks for the BN gift card Marilyn) during tummy time



Thanks for my "green" sleeper Aunt Danie
Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch

Nighttimes.
Better than a few weeks ago. We have been faithful about our nighttime routine:
  • 6:30-7pm Bathtime with Hubby and we dim all the lights in our house
  • Sit on one of our laps and read as many books as we can until he is fussy(1-3) The Big Red Barn is our current favorite.
  • Lay on our bed and sing quiet songs (poor boy has to listen to his momma's bad voice)
  • Nurse sometime in there depending on his fussiness level and when he last ate.
  • As we can tell he is getting really sleepy, we either rock him to sleep (by that I mean walk around with him in our arms going up and down, patting on the back, playing lullabies in the background, and sometimes singing "She'll be comin' around the mountain" because it has lots of verses) Or I nurse him to sleep. The nursing works well, but is a habit I really would rather not establish.
  • If all else fails, we resort to running the vacuum to calm him down.
  • He generally falls asleep by 7:30 to 8
  • If we are lucky, he sleeps in 3 hr increments.
  • The darn time change = 5:30 awakenings. not fun.
  • But, last night he slept until 7am (by that I mean he went to bed at 8pm, was up at 11, 12:30, 3:30, 5:30, then 7) It still felt like sleeping in.
Downside to all of this. He is starting to only want his mamma. Yes, it is nice and sweet, but when he awakens in the middle of the night, it would be nice if he would let my dear wonderful hubby get him to sleep.

House:
Yeah, drywall!

Scott and Benjamin in the entryway
Great Room
View from great room to entrywayWe also picked out the stone that will be on the exterior of the house, and I'm almost ready to order the cabinets.
What I need to do:
Get cabinets ordered
Pick out linoleum color
Find tile for bathroom
Pick out house colors (interior and exterior)
Pick out door knobs, kitchen pulls, etc
Order all bathroom cabinets and pick out countertops
oh the list goes on. : )

6 comments:

  1. THanks for the photos...Benny looks adorable....and I think the house is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...the above post and this post are from square and when did Sarah change her code name????

    ReplyDelete
  3. aunt danie is scott's sister : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of fun changes going on. the time change is messing with us, too. hope sleep continues to get better. love the pics, especially "green" baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't quite tell what is changing faster---Benjamin or the house. Both look great. Thanks for the updates & pix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm....I don't care what anyone says...those big eyes look just like MF's.....

    ReplyDelete