This weekend we took our farthest trip yet to Omaha, NE. I was very apprehensive about the car trip. My wonderful son is still not a fan of riding in the car. But, he did remarkably well! We stopped twice in the first 45 mins, and finally got him to sleep. He slept for about 1.5 hrs! We stopped for him to "eat" and headed out again. Hubby and I took turns sitting in the back seat to "play" with him.
When we arrived, we were surprised by hubby's two cousins (and their husbands) that live close by! We had a great time visiting and playing with Benjamin. He was having such a great time that he wouldn't stop to nap. Which meant by 6pm we were having melt-down time. We were able to give him a quick bath and off to bed he went. He did reasonably well at night, and we had another great day on Sunday.
Benjamin and Mimi
Benjamin having a fun time at Mimi and Pappaw's house
Proud Great-grandparents
Benjamin chillin' with Pappaw
However, when we started to pack up to go home. The keys were missing! Guess who had them last...me : ( Crap, this is why hubby doesnt trust me with keys, I'm notorious for losing them. We searched high and low. Through the bags, under the couch, in the drawers, peaked through the car windows, everywhere! Where did we find them??? think about somewhere that you would never look....that is where they were..... the dirty diaper bag. bleh! (I did get to suggest that hubby look through there, so I wasn't all that stupid)Proud Great-grandparents
Benjamin chillin' with Pappaw
Anyways, after only a few minutes of crying, Benjamin was fast asleep, and slept for almost 2 hrs!
It was wonderful to he his grandparents, and I'm so glad that they got to see Benjamin. Next trip, my grandparents for Christmas. 5 hrs in the car. Please say your prayers!
In other news, we have a driveway!
Benjamin started grabbing his toes!


Glad to see y'all had a great time with Mimi and Pappaw. They were so excited to have you there and meet Benjamin! Yeah for awesome cousins!!
ReplyDelete