Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Catch 22

I love my job. Yes, it can be very hectic and stressful working with the public and other healthcare professionals, but I get a great sense of accomplishment out of a long hard day at work...however, that means I'm not with my son. ::momma guilt:: I'm about the luckiest person in the world to have my mom watch Benjamin, but being away means I miss things...like the fact that he rolled from his belly to back twice! And this is the "for real" rolling, not the "I'm a tiny little squirt and I get so mad that I accidentally flip over" type of rolling. : )
The good thing about working is that it does give me a break, and I feel much more mentally prepared to handle "meltdowns"..

Benjamin's current favs:
  • Patty cake
  • Hokey Pokey
  • Exersaucer (he practically dives out of our arms into it)
  • "flying" in the air
  • Looking at himself in a mirror
  • Getting his shirt taken off
  • Little tickles on the tummy/underarms (ticklish like his mama!)
  • Bathtime
  • Waking up in the morning (he is all smiles)
  • gnawing on anything
  • Grabbing paper (sunday coupon section was his fav) and chewing on it (yeah,yeah, the ink probably isn't good for him....he just does this when Gpa Cow lets him)
  • Staring at the bouncy seat from afar
  • Nursing
Benjamin's current dislikes:
  • Going to sleep (we often resort to running the vacuum to calm him down, then he will sometimes conk out)
  • Being propped up in a chair
  • Riding in a car for a long time (short distances, much improved!)
  • Getting his jacket on (probably learning to associate this with the carseat : (
  • The bottle
Benjamin with his favorite chew toy: Grandpa's hand!

Look, I'm starting to push up! Tummy time is much more fun these days.

In other topics, I recently came across a cosmetics database. It lists almost all products on the market, and the amount of potentially harmful ingredients ( such as products that cause cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, allergies, or other concerns such as an irritant, organ system toxicity, neurotoxicity, etc).
It has in them and ranks them 0-10 with 0 being the least harmful/toxic, and 10 being the worst.
Feel free to visit it and plug in your shampoo, face moisturizer,etc. It is quite eye opening.


5 comments:

  1. I think I am afraid to check the database. B looks awesome--and he has a very impressive upward facing dog. Gpa looks sort of like a late 19th c. photograph--did you make him sit for an hour while you took the photo? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a working mom has its rewards and challenges bottled into one. I completely understand. It's hard. I know I'm a better woman for working, but I hate missing on those little things. I have learned to appreciate the time I do get and hope to be able to take more time off for the little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with lafa--did Roberto forget about the smile factor of pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, every time I try to take a picture of my dad, he forgets to look at the camera, and smiles at Benjamin instead. This was the best I could get : )
    Stoic robert, as always

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad to see a pic of Gpa Cow with Benjamin. 1st one I can remember in awhile. Sounds like you had a fun weekend in Omaha (at least according to Mimi & Pappaw).

    ReplyDelete