Saturday, November 21, 2009

5 months old today!

5 months 2 days ago, I had no idea what life with a baby was like. I could only assume that said baby would been to be diapered, and fed alot, not that I knew how to do either of those though.

Much like my response to my husband when he proposed ("Is that real?"), when the nurses brought Benjamin out from behind the curtain (I had a c-section), I thought to myself "Are you sure that's mine?" Granted, I may not have thought this had I had a vaginal delivery, but I'm from the Show-Me State...and I never saw that baby come out of me : )

Benjamin is now sitting up on his own for a few seconds before he flops to the side, or on his face....he isn't too fond of that. He loves standing and "jumping" around. Jabbering, and making extremely loud noises, especially when he's tired. He is used to his bedtime routine, and protests (screams) if we don't get him to bed on time.
Benjamin and I during nighttime "story time"
He is rolling from tummy to back on a daily basis, and is really good at pushing up. I love this time in his life. He wakes up with the biggest smile, looks around for me in a room, and is just the cutest little thing on the planet! As cheesy as it sounds, I can't imagine my life without him.
How embarrasing, mom is taking pictures of me in my undies again!
See how I gouge myself when I don't get my fingernail clipped every other day


We are very ready for Thanksgiving. We are headed to "the city" to see Hubby's family and have turkey day at his sister's house. But, we are very lucky b/c Hubby has Wednesday off (as do I ), so we will have time to look for tile (bathroom, kitchen, etc) and door handles. And, since I only work Monday , Tuesday, Thursday. I don't work from Tuesday to Monday, yippee! (poor hubby has to work Friday and Saturday)

House News: We have wood flooring! They lay it, cover it, then sand and finish when the house is more done! It is White Oak and will be stained a darker color.

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me or do benjamin's legs seem crazy long? I think he is going to be tall like his dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how long Benjamin is! Yeah for sitting up! I hope he and Carson have a great time on Thursday. I'm sure they will!!

    ReplyDelete