Assessment: easier without baby on lap.
Benjamin has started to grab everything. It is fun now, but I'm sure in the near future, we were going to wish for that quiet little baby that would sit in our laps. Although, we are finding out that he can entertain himself for at least 10 minutes with a magazine. Cheap toys! (no paper cuts yet, either).
Benjamin got his 4 month shots (well, the ones I wanted him to get since I'm doing an alternate vaccination schedule), and he did pretty well with them. Of course, we got the loud scream after the injection, but he calmed down quickly. And they weighed him. With clothes and his big diaper on, he weighed 13 lbs 7 oz. We go to see Dr. Paul on Wednesday for Benjamin's 4 month check up, so we will give you his official stats then.
Sleeping is slightly better. He did have a stretch of 3.5 hrs last night.....it felt like an eternity! And while he is waking up quite a bit, he was really easy to get back to sleep. I have started to log his sleeping, napping, and pre-bedtime routine in my attempt to encourage him to sleep longer stretches. He slept about 9.5 hrs last night. I'll keep you all posted.
House:
It has now been insulated, and the dry wall is starting to go up! Hopefully we will be in sometime in December or January!
Benjamin has started to grab everything. It is fun now, but I'm sure in the near future, we were going to wish for that quiet little baby that would sit in our laps. Although, we are finding out that he can entertain himself for at least 10 minutes with a magazine. Cheap toys! (no paper cuts yet, either).
Benjamin got his 4 month shots (well, the ones I wanted him to get since I'm doing an alternate vaccination schedule), and he did pretty well with them. Of course, we got the loud scream after the injection, but he calmed down quickly. And they weighed him. With clothes and his big diaper on, he weighed 13 lbs 7 oz. We go to see Dr. Paul on Wednesday for Benjamin's 4 month check up, so we will give you his official stats then.
Sleeping is slightly better. He did have a stretch of 3.5 hrs last night.....it felt like an eternity! And while he is waking up quite a bit, he was really easy to get back to sleep. I have started to log his sleeping, napping, and pre-bedtime routine in my attempt to encourage him to sleep longer stretches. He slept about 9.5 hrs last night. I'll keep you all posted.
House:
It has now been insulated, and the dry wall is starting to go up! Hopefully we will be in sometime in December or January!
Our bedroom


Can't wait to hear the official stats. He's growing way too fast!!
ReplyDeleteThe house is really moving along. Appreciate the photos to see the progress.
ReplyDeleteHope to see you soon. Guess Grammy & Grampy need to explain to Benjamin the positive side of sleeping longer & more often!!! Know you & Scott would appreciate it, too.