Today I begins the online journey of my life as a mom. Thankfully, my in-utero child has not required much from me yet. Aside from the positive pregnancy test, an ultrasound, and today, the first sound of baby's heartbeat, I have had little inclination that I'm pregnant. Yeah for no morning sickness.
To date, I have only told my parents and sister/brother-in-law, my husband's parents and sister/brother-in-law, two very close friends, one coworker, and healthcare workers. However, I just found out that one of my parent's friends, with whom I teach a high school small group, told my mom that she knew I was pregnant. Crazy, but quite amazing.
Tomorrow starts the "telling" stage. I have been quite apprehensive (ok paranoid) about telling sooner for fear of miscarriage, but after hearing the heart beat today, most of my fears were laid to rest. So my hubby and I are going to tell our boss tomorrow, and then slowly let it leak from there. I really want to wait for most people to know until after Christmas, when I'll get to tell my grandparents. I am so excited. I'll soon start posting the obligatory "belly" pictures, but since I just feel slightly plump at this stage, I'll spare all of us the joy of seeing that.
Feliz Navidad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment